28. pro 2010.

Making herbal tea

Even though making tea is easy and everybody knows it I wanted to write something about it because there are some rules which maybe important but they don't need to be strictly followed.

Proper way to make tea
Proper way to make a tea would be to heat the water (in tea pot, some other pot, etc.) until it boiles. Meanwhile put the herbs in something made from china or glass. When the water boiles, pour it over the herbs, stir with a spoon and cover. Water can be heated in metal pots, but tea shouldn't be made in it. I don't know way.

This is good but doing so you'll have a lot of dishes to wash and that can be irritating if you often make tea.

My way of making tea
I put water to boil in a small metal pot. When  it boiles I remove it from fire, add herbs in it, stir it and cover with small plate. I don't wash my tea making equipment every time I make tea, I just rinse it with water and leave it for next time.
Sometimes I think that I should make tea in ceramic pot, but I never do.

Cover and strain
How ever you make your tea, it is important to cover it.
I strain my tea after 2 min if the herb is dry and if it's fresh after 30 seconds. That is a recepie from Maria Treben. Some people leave it for 5, 10 or 15 minutes. That is also good. Hip tea and lime have better taste if they are strained after 10-15 min.



Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar